I have read the information clause and agree to the processing of my personal data contained in the registration form by the University of Silesia and the University of Economics in Katowice. The personal data are processed only for the purposes specified in art. 4 of the Act on Libraries (Journal of Laws, 1997 No. 85 item 539, as amended) and art. 88 of the Act on Higher Education (Journal of Laws, 2005 No. 164, item 1365, as amended) and are protected in accordance with the Act on Personal Data Protection (Journal of Laws, 2002 No. 101 item 926, as amended).
GDPR Information Clause for Readers
1. The administrator of personal dataThe administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the administrator as follows:1) by mail to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice2) by e-mail: email@example.com
2. Data Protection OfficerYou may contact the Data Protection Officer on all matters relating to the processing of personal data and use of the related rights concerning data processing, as follows:1) by mail to the address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice2) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of processing and the legal basis for processingWe will process your personal data for the following purposes:1) performing tasks related to the library collection development and provision of the library collection,2) implementation of the Library's tasks, consisting: the protection of library materials, meeting scientific, cultural and information needs of the general public and popularisation of knowledge and cultural achievements,3) invitation to events organised by the Library,4) marketing.The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is based on art. 6 par. 1 a, c, e and the fractions of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection):1) your consent to the processing of personal data, in particular in order to receive marketing e-mails.
We will ask you for consent, each time, indicating the purpose of processing your data in a situation where the law does not give grounds to process it.
2) fulfilling the legal obligation imposed on the administrator and performing the public task resulting from the applicable legal provisions, in particular from art. 11 par. 1 point 9 of the Act – Law on Higher Education and Science and art. 4 of the Libraries Act, by developing library collections, processing library materials, storing, protecting and sharing library collections, and conducting information activities.
Providing personal data is an essential condition for using the library and information system by readers. If no data is provided, it will not be possible to complete the above-mentioned purpose.
3) legitimate interest pursued by the administrator or by a third party, in particular: invitation to events organized by the Library, conducting information activities not containing commercial content (not intended to have a commercial effect).The Law on Higher Education and Science, on the one hand, imposes public tasks to public institutions, that they must implement (Article 11 (1)), and on the other hand guarantees them autonomy in all areas of their activities under the terms of the Act (Article 9 (2)), which allows universities to define specific objectives and forms of activity within the framework of the status set by law. Carrying out the tasks indicated in the above Act and using the autonomy granted, following the European university tradition, the University of Silesia in Katowice organizes various events that implement such statutory tasks of the university as popularising and multiplying the achievements of science and culture. Proper organization of events requires your personal data be processed by the University of Silesia in Katowice.
4. The period of storage of personal dataWe will store your personal data depending on the purpose for which it was collected, in accordance with the Regulations for the access to the collections in CINiBA. We are obliged to do so by the law, under which the Unified Item List of the University of Silesia in Katowice is kept.
5. Recipients of dataYour personal data may be transferred to entities that process them on our behalf, and public authorities or entities entitled to obtain personal data on the basis of applicable law, e.g. courts, law enforcement agencies or state institutions, when they request, based on an appropriate legal grounds.
6. Rights related to the processing of personal dataYou have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:1) the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data, see below;2) the right to access your personal data;3) the right to request the correction of your personal data that is incorrect and to supplement incomplete personal data;4) the right to request erasure of your personal data.This right does not apply, in particular, when the processing of data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing the data under the law which the administrator is subject to, or to perform a task in the public interest;5) the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data;6) the right to object to the processing of your personal data, due to your special situation, in cases where we process your data for our legitimate interest, including for the purposes of direct marketing, or the performance of a task in the public interest. PLEASE NOTE: in the case of processing for the purposes of direct marketing, you can issue an objection at any time regardless of the particular situation;7) the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. You may send this data to another data administrator or request that we send your data to another administrator. However, we will do this only if such a message is technically possible. The right to transfer personal data applies only to the data which we process in an automated way, i.e. in electronic form, on the basis of an agreement with you or on the basis of your consent;8) the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling;9) the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, i.e. the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
The right to withdraw consentTo the extent that your data is processed on the basis of your consent - you have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You can withdraw your consent by sending a statement of withdrawal of consent to our mailing address or e-mail address: email@example.com.
I declare that the regulations sharing collections in the library system Library is known to me and I accept it.